Twenty-five historic sites in Lake Mary from the first store built in 1890 to the John Bent Grove House the oldest known house built in the mid-1890s. Lake Mary originally named Bents after a family who owned an orange grove. The settlers wanted the name of the town changed to Lake Mary after the wife of a minister.
Portraits of people and events found in the Lake Mary Historical Museum. Lake Mary scenes from the early 1900s to the 1950s. The Evans and Sjoblom families founded Lake Mary. Some of the early families were the McBrides, Sundell, Dunn and Humphreys. Graflex an early camera, a violin, photographs of Dr. Evans and Frank Evans and a 19th century medicine box displayed.
Plays, dances and concerts by the town orchestra were some of the activities of life in Lake Mary. A memory quilt, a table and chair from Miller’s Pharmacy and ice cream parlor exhibited. Two model trains onsite, while visiting the museum, several children came in just to see the trains. Free entrance to the museum, directions to the museum and hours of operation on the website.